Barnstable Family Court Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judge Ryley bad Judgement

+2
NotRight
Broken
6 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Judge Ryley bad Judgement - Page 2 Empty Re: Judge Ryley bad Judgement

Post  Broken Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:22 pm

My daughter should never been removed from me. The father at the wake and funeral asking for forgiveness. The stepmother lied to me about how she died. Looking in my eyes. They are discusting people and neither one of them should be allowed to be around any children what so ever. The step mother the DAY before sent Adruan an artical about a wowman hanging herself. Adrian hung herself in her fathers house the next day. Judge mailed me his ruling first before I was cleared from DCF. Kathleen Eccekson shame on her. Andrea Lamb a counselor from sandwich said adrian should be with the father because I am an unfit mother. Andrea Lamb never met me nor had the time to call me for an interview. KEEP AWAY FROM HER! She got "what for" after Adrian's death. Shame on her. Jerermy Carter.. Down right heartless! My son is just a ness. He is 22. I am being strong for him. He needs me. I have been sleeping with him in my daughters bed with him. He had issues with Adrian's father too. The fathers name of Adrian is David Rugstuso. He has a mug shot because he was arrested for physically abusing me. He also physically abused my son. Threatened my son if he said anything. My son told me after we moved out. I called the police and had a hearing. Majistrate did not support it. My son was young and still afraid of David Rigatuso sitting across from him. I was asked to leave the room so my son would be able to tell his side of the story. As I said he asked fir forgiveness for my son to irritated to his father my first husband. My first husband is my best friend still till this day. His whole family helped through my grieving process and continue to. So much more to say. God is with my little Miss Adrusn Marie Rigatuso. My 3rd visitation since November 2012 and she is laid to rest. Kiss your children and hold them tight. God Bless

Broken

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:00 pm

So I called Kathleen Eccleston the Mandated Reporter for my case she works at DCF. She was clueless to who I am or who my daughter was. I informed her she did not do her job and I buried my daughter yesterday. I had told her how toxic the environment is and currently is at the fathers home. You would think that an obituary in the cape cod times would be a reason for perple who work to protect the children would investigate as to why such a young child would take her own life. I suggested Kathleen apply for a job at Bouse House. She hung up on me. I can't really remember if she even said she was sorry. Shame on her all around.

Broken

Back to top Go down

Post  DCF Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:14 am

You will not find answers or solace in DCF. Their motto of "strengthening families" is a crock of $hit. They destroy families. Many of the DCF social workers were abused themselves as children. They actually think they are helping others but are so out of touch with reality, they do more damage than good. DCF has a habit of assigning children to "impartial" therapists. They are paid by the state, so the impartial part is impossible. Typically, anything your child says to a therapist can't be shared with any third party. However, DCF requires parents to sign a release so the state appointed therapist can speak with them. They then bend the truth as they see fit and manipulate the therapy. DCF's only role is to prove their worth and existence. They figure the more families under their supervision, the more money they get for budgeting, including salaries.

DCF loses track of a kid and Olga Roche says their understaffed and undergunned? So what happens? Do she get punished? No, the state opens up it's checkbook and gives DCF more money. Each social worker gets a state paid cell phone and IPad. Deval Patrick, shame on you. All the money, IPhone and IPads are not going to find that little boy or help this woman who just lost her daughter. DCF is broken. Our family court system is corrupt. Who is going to fix it?

DCF

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Posted by lauragod: So what happened here? Asking the Judge asking the DCF worker. Good Choice? Perhaps you really need to know how to read a Teen. Something very wrong happened here and I would like you to retrace your decisions and take some thought in doing so. It won't change for Adrian but maybe it will change something for another teen whose life is held in your choices or uneducated thoughts and biased decisions. Think hard and long before you do this again. Pleassseeee. Laura Goddard

Broken

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:17 pm

I called the state police officer who is investigating the case of the death of my daughter. He was unaware of many things I had to say to him. I asked who drove her home from school? He doesn't know. Pathetic! I'm doing more investigating than the state police. And the beat goes on! So much more to say. I will say that he is a kind soft spoken person. But come on "investigate investigator!!!!" I let him know that we are going to become "best friends" !

Broken

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:45 am

I have decided no more posts from me, until I hear more from the readers. Any opinions.... COME ON PEOPLE!

Broken

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoney Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:25 pm

I don't see the state police giving you any answers. Given the fact that it was suicide, I doubt the investigator will want to meddle in the personal business of you and your ex. The state police are assigned by the District Attorney's Office to investigate the death. Once they rule out any criminal activity or foul play, it is pretty much a closed case. There has been some sound advise given above. Sorry about your daughter. It is a terrible thing for anybody to endure.

Stoney

Back to top Go down

Judge Ryley bad Judgement - Page 2 Empty Reply to guest post by "DCF" and deepest sympathies to broken

Post  Saddened Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:34 pm

I have to begin by stating how sad and heartbreaking this whole situation is.  The fact that a family was going through such strife and turmoil is heartbreaking, and the unfortunate loss of your daughter, Broken, is devastating and my sympathies run deep.  Lots of prayers and thoughts are headed your way, and being a social worker and therapist myself, I will continue to advocate for awareness of suicide, bullying, and mental health support with your loss in mind and as a memorial for your daughter.  

I would like to separate out my responses to one of support for Broken, and a second half responding to the post by guest responder "DCF", which I have some issues with and am saddened by.

I feel compelled to reply to the post, If for no other reason to dispel some unfortunate misrepresentations that serve to only further upset Broken, who is clearly suffering the pain of such an unimaginable loss, and does not need the harm of being enraged, upset, or angered by such rhetoric.  I am a firm believer in justice and if there is justice to be served here, than it should be, and I hope it does.  I also urge those of you who continue to respond to these posts, do so with consideration of a mother who recently had a loss, and do so with intention and enough forethought to be sure what you are saying is truthful, helpful, and not harmful to those that read it, especially broken.  

With that said, "DCF" stated the following:

Post  DCF on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:14 am

You will not find answers or solace in DCF. Their motto of "strengthening families" is a crock of $hit. They destroy families. Many of the DCF social workers were abused themselves as children. They actually think they are helping others but are so out of touch with reality, they do more damage than good. DCF has a habit of assigning children to "impartial" therapists. They are paid by the state, so the impartial part is impossible. Typically, anything your child says to a therapist can't be shared with any third party. However, DCF requires parents to sign a release so the state appointed therapist can speak with them. They then bend the truth as they see fit and manipulate the therapy. DCF's only role is to prove their worth and existence. They figure the more families under their supervision, the more money they get for budgeting, including salaries.

DCF loses track of a kid and Olga Roche says their understaffed and undergunned? So what happens? Do she get punished? No, the state opens up it's checkbook and gives DCF more money. Each social worker gets a state paid cell phone and IPad. Deval Patrick, shame on you. All the money, IPhone and IPads are not going to find that little boy or help this woman who just lost her daughter. DCF is broken. Our family court system is corrupt. Who is going to fix it?

1) It is true that Broken will not find answers or solace in DCF.  I have read many things on these posts that may have contributed to the pain her daughter must have been suffering, all of which I imagine contributed toward such an unfortunate loss.  I have read of family turmoil, I have read of bullying, and more.  No one really will know what drove the pain this child must have been in, and it sounds like there were many factors involved.  What really matters here is that there was a horrible loss of a beautiful life, and this family needs support.  

It also should not matter whether or not a DCF worker has their own personal history of abuse.  They have been vetted and interviewed and ideally, it has been determined that they are capable of doing their job.  Their own history has no involvement, and if it does, than it should be addressed in supervision, which is provided on a regular basis to all social workers.  The purpose of therapeutic supervision is not only to review cases, but to support the worker and ensure they are working successfully and that nothing is interfering with their work.  Are there times when this doesn't as expected, yes.  This is life, and in live, nothing happens perfectly, 100% of the time.

2) Being a former DCF social worker, and current therapist, my opinion is biased.  However, I will do my best to leave opinion out of this and provide fact based corrections to mis-information told by "DCF"'s post.  I do, however have to say that I am grossly insulted by the following statements A) "DCF workers have been abused themselves", B) "strengthening families is a crock of S***", C) "They destroy families".

A) Where do you get your facts to suggest DCF workers have been abused as children themselves?  Have you surveyed all of the state's DCF workers?  That is just a made up fact posted by "DCF" to sensationalize his/her post.  I grew up in a wonderful family, was raised by wonderful and supportive parents - who, by the way discouraged me from becoming a social worker because even in the 1990's they knew I would be overworked and underpaid. Yet I chose to follow my passion because contrary to your "strengthening families is a crock of shit" comment, I care about strengthening individuals and families.

B) That leads me to addressing your "strengthening families is a crock of shit" post.  I can only comment on my personal work as a DCF social worker, and to those that I was lucky enough to work along side, but I would have to say that the LARGE majority of social workers, myself included, became and continue to work in the field because we do care about children and families.  Why the HECK would we continue to work in such a challenging field, for such little money, otherwise?  Sure, there are bad social workers.  Just like there are accountants, and cops, and telemarketers, and lawyers, and lazy uncaring employees in EVERY workplace that exsists.  However, suggesting that an entire group of thousands don't care, is utter bull.

C)"they destroy families".  Hmm, ask one of the HUNDREDS of families I worked with at DCF, and I venture to guess not a single one would suggest I destroyed their family.  In fact, some of those families still hug me when I see them in public, call me to check in, write thank you notes from time to time.  Why is that?  Because I worked my behind off to support the families I was involved with, to connect with them and help them address whatever personal struggles they were experiencing, and to connect them to supports in the community so DCF did NOT have to continue to be involved with them.  Were they unhappy DCF was involved? Sure.  Does DCF have a responsibility to get involved sometimes, Yes, according to our laws.  Did I always work 110% to help the families, despite the situation, yes.  The same is true for the majority of social workers I worked with over many years at DCF.

Now my personal opinion aside, I will address some of the incorrect information posted by "DCF":

1) "DCF has a habit of assigning children to "impartial" therapists"

- DCF does not "assign" children to therapists.  DCF often provides parents with lists of therapists (if the parent does not find one on their own, or requests help).  However, DCF does not assign children to specific therapists.  If a child is in the state's custody, the foster parents, not the DCF worker, will work to find a therapist for the child.

2)  "They are paid by the state, so the impartial part is impossible"

- Therapists are there to support their clients.  They are partial to their clients, not anyone else.  Not the state, not insurance companies, no one.  My job is to support my CLIENT, not the person who referred them to me.  Additionally, DCF does not pay the therapist.  The families own insurance does, or the child's insurance.  DCF does not collaborate with insurance providers except to help families with applications, or to apply for insurance for children in the state's care.

3)  "DCF requires a parent to sign a release"

- DCF does not "require" parents to sign anything.  DCF will request, or suggest a parent work with them to support protection of the child, but can not force the parents to sign anything.  At the end of the day, that choice lies with the parents.  And frankly, it is concerning if a parent does not want to sign.  What do they have to hide?  If a child is in the state's custody, DCF can speak with the therapist and has implied consent.  DCF can not force the therapist to disclose anything the therapist does not wish to disclose.  

4) "They bend the truth and manipulate the therapy"

- Legally, DCF can only report information from a therapist, as it is reported by the therapist.  If the therapists impression or interpretation is off, that is the therapists issue, not because DCF bent the truth.  ADDITIONALLY, DCF has nothing to do with therapy.  They do not participate in therapy, nor do they set goals or attend sessions.  So manipulation of the therapy is an impossibility.

5) "they figure the more families under their supervision, the more money they get"

- Just wrong.  Not how it works.  Why the heck do you think there is such uproar about DCF having no money.  

6)  "Each social worker gets a state paid IPhone and IPad"

- Ha. Ha. Ha.  I think about 60 IPads were given out, STATE WIDE. There are thousands of social workers. As for cell phones at all, that didn't happen.  Each office has about 2 or 3 cell phones, mind you - old style flip phones, not I Phones.  Get your facts straight.  

The unfortunate case of Jeremiah Oliver being missing, really has nothing to do with Broken or her daughter.  Different office, different family, different social workers, different issues, different circumstances.  Period.

Let's not discuss unrelated issues and distract from what matters by spewing falsehoods.  We should be keeping the focus where it needs to be, on memorializing and remembering Broken's daughter, and providing Broken with support in this loss, not risking upsetting her, her family, or those connected to this child who may read this board even more. Prayers to you and your family, Broken.

Saddened

Back to top Go down

Judge Ryley bad Judgement - Page 2 Empty Thank you "Saddened"

Post  anonymous friend Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:58 pm

Thank you for your well-intentioned, clearly well-informed post to re-set the tone here. I hope that other commentators follow-suit with your plea to keep all posts helpful and accurate for the sake of Meredith, in the memory of Adrian.

anonymous friend

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:47 pm

Thank you. My son and I need therapy FAST. He is lost. 22 years old seen his sister ONCE in a year. Any suggestions for a therapist? NOT Janice Byers in Sandwich NOT Andrea Lamb from Sandwich! Shame on especially Adnrea Lamb! Need advice and outlet for help for my son, myself and my husband. Thank you for keeping us supported. Xo

Broken

Back to top Go down

Post  DCF Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:40 am

Saddened,

There is a saying..."doth who protest too much". You, my dear, just proved that point. You eloquently told us what all DCF workers "should do". We all know what they really do. I don't need to justify my comments or back them up. The media is doing a very good job of exposing the fraud that is DCF very well. You sound like every other crusader that DCF employs, justifying your job with the "we do it for the children" BS. Give it a rest.

Look forward to your next long-winded post about how much you care for our children.

DCF

Back to top Go down

Post  Typical Social Worker Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:12 pm

I'm laughing at the post by Saddened. She swoops in and scolds everyone for not keeping on topic of a young girl's death. She then writes a novel telling everyone why she was the greatest DCF social worker to walk this green Earth. She then ends by telling everyone to focus on Broken's daughter not DCF. Hypocrite? Something tells me that if DCF had done it's job, this young girl might have had a chance at life. How dare this former DCF social worker come here, after Broken has stated that DCF failed, and tell us why everyone is wrong in their displeasure with DCF and the Court system. If you were such a good example, maybe they should give you Olga Roche's job?

If anyone is being insensitive on this thread, it was you "Saddened".

Typical

Typical Social Worker

Back to top Go down

Post  Therapist Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:00 pm

Broken- Try Mashpee Center for Family Therapy. All the therapist there are very good. They came very highly recommended for my daughter and I. We were very happy with them.

Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:06 pm

Thank you! I will call today.

Broken

Back to top Go down

Judge Ryley bad Judgement - Page 2 Empty Therapist and other resources

Post  Saddened Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:58 pm

1) Thank you for your reply, anonymous friend.

2) I agree with Mashpee Center for Family Therapy.  I have heard a few good things.  Their website is centerforfamilytherapy.org

If that does not work out for any reason: some local therapists with positive reviews are:

1) William Tarplin, LICSW (Falmouth) (508) 540- 2353
2) Debra Berglin, LICSW (Falmouth) (508) 540-2353
3) Deborah Schwartz, LICSW (Mashpee) (508) 477-0135
4) Kenneth Freedman, LICSW (Sandwich) (508) 428-6254

Also - Samaritans has some resources for suicide specific grief support

samaritanshope.org/index.php/grief-support.html

Best of wishes to you, Broken.  Lots of prayers your way.

Saddened

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Ad Litem Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:59 am

There are many cases where people have claimed abuse of power against Judge Ryley. Someone posted a case here on this website. For some reason it disappeared after a few days. It had to do with Ryley taking custody of a divorced couple's children, without due process, to punish the parents. I believe Ryley was taken to school on this case by one of the parents attorneys and an advocacy group. I can't remember the specifics. Bottom line is that this judge has NO right to sit on that bench and decide people's fate. He has demonstrated reckless behavior on the bench and is an example of why we need judicial review for judges based on their performance. The way the law is currently written, Judges have no one to answer to, unless they violate their Code of Ethics. In other words, they are God. Their word is final for people who can't afford the process of appeals, which takes years.

Guardian Ad Litem

Back to top Go down

Post  expose Ryley's abuse !! Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:05 pm

Guardian Ad Litem,   I have a copy of the post you are referring to that was pulled from this site.   It says the following:

*DELETED BY ADMIN BY REQUEST OF ORIGINAL POSTER. ORIGINAL POSTER STATES CASE IS PENDING AND LAWYERS HAVE ASKED TO NOT DISCUSS THE CASE*

The above words are verbatim from a post on 1/27/2014.  

Having sat before Judge Ryley, I wholeheartedly agree that his behavior is reckless and that he is causing severe damage to children and families !
He is not fit to be on the bench.
Please advise:
How can we find the advocacy groups who are watching Judge Ryley?  
I have a lot to say about the man and how his ruling was disturbingly contrary to the evidence.  
I consider him a dangerous and twisted man with NO conscience !!

Last edited by Admin on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : REQUESTED BY ORIGINAL POSTER)

expose Ryley's abuse !!

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:59 am

http://www.gofundme.com/7ircv0

From, Adrian's Mom

Broken

Back to top Go down

Post  expose Ryley's abuse !! Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:08 am

Administration ;  I fully respect your reason for editing a portion of my last post.

That said, PLEASE, I wish to find out what advocacy group is investigating Judge Ryley.
If that information cannot be posted here, you may contact KC Myers at the CC Times anonymously  
(contact info posted elsewhere in this forum)

I will get the information.

As many have said in this forum:
We All Must Tell Our Stories For Change To Happen!

I AM COMMITTED TO DOING JUST THAT !!!

Somebody reading this must have that information - PLEASE share it
Thank you.

expose Ryley's abuse !!

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:27 pm

Im still waiting for my condolence card Judge Ryley. You have my address.

Broken

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:12 am

For the "record" just to prove to you that the biological father is All about money! Yesterday he made a false criminal complaint about Adrian's GO FUND money. He went to or called the Mashpee police Dept. The person that set up the account is my first husbands niece. She is a manager of a bank and a stand up citizen. My first husbands family have been here for me and my husband the whole time. (I don't burn my bridges) I love them very much. Adrian would have sleepovers at my ex husbands house. Jimmy and Tisha adored her. Back to the bank saga.... Courtney who put together the fund replied to the police and explained about the account. All is cleared. The dective said that he will give David Rigatuso a "stern talking to" I think he should be held with charges for making a false complaint. Isn't that against the law? DAVID HAS A HISTORY OF "odd behavior" if so there goes David getting away with EVERYTHING! The fund money is going to be used for a memorial for Adrian that will be held in May in Sandwich. I have my permit and I have personally spoke with a couple of police officers.(I was not allowed to have ANY say in ANY of Adrian's funeral arrangements. Read her obituary to just prove to you. Not even would DAVID RIGATUSO let my family have an alone moment with the doors closed at the wake before guests arrived. He said NO)I also have many expenses for entertaining here in my home. My house had been full of people for one week straight. I had many of Adrian's friends here grieving. I also have my son who I am trying to keep as comfortable as I can. Ect..Including I'm sure legal fees. SHAME ON DAVID RIGATUSO AGAIN!! And the beat goes on..... I wish DAVID RIGATUSO OUT OF MY LIFE. The life that I have left Perhaps the short period of time I have because of my healt issues.

Broken

Back to top Go down

Post  Not a Fan Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:01 am

Sorry to hear Ryley did not send you a card.  Wink 

Perhaps you would be interested in sending him a letter? That would be very simple, as public records show his home address as:

Arthur C. Ryley
12 Sheep Pasture Way
East Sandwich, MA 02537

or his PO Box:

PO Box 573
East Sandwich, MA 02537

Not a Fan

Back to top Go down

Post  Not a Fan Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:40 am

For any of the reporters posting here asking for "dirt". Here's one that can be easily verified:

- Arthur Ryley was partners with two other gentlemen (and attorneys), Anthony Alva and Ed Lynch, in a property that they owned jointly since 2004 called The John Deacon Monroe Realty Trust which owns 3291 Main Street, West Barnstable (next to courthouse). These gentlemen did not pay their property taxes since 2010 to the Town of Barnstable, despite demands by the Town. Judge Ryley used his power to hold off the Town, while trying to have his name removed from the nominee realty trust, before the Town recorded it's Instrument of Taking on March 23, 2012. Ryley went so far as to alter a legal document. He recorded a "Resignation of Trustee" with the Registry of Deeds on November 21, 2013. That instrument shows that it was executed on September 6, 2008. Why was this Notice not recorded for 5 years?? The Notary that witnessed the instrument's execution is Stephen McGonigle, also an attorney (and friend of Ryley). The bottom line is that the resignation was not valid until it was recorded, despite the attempts to date it back to 2008. Perhaps Atty. McGonigle would testify that Judge Ryley in fact signed this document back in 2008? And explain why it was not recorded until late 2013, when the Town of Barnstable was putting the screws to Ryley, et al. The tax was not actually paid until 2014 and redemption was finally recorded this month (2014). As most know, Judges are held to certain standards. Judges who don't pay property taxes until the Town is forced to record takings with the Registry of Deeds, are not held to that standard I guess. The entire time the judge was violating the laws of this Commonwealth, he was also sitting as a Justice in the Barnstable Probate and Family Court.

Someone please explain how this happens?

Not a Fan

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:34 am

by lauragod Yesterday at 9:31 pm
ONE of the Major issues and only important one is that this did not have to happen!! As we all know teens are teens and sometimes not the most honest. I have to say as a supposed professional DCF worker or a Judge you need to have the ability to read through the teen. Evidently, this did not happen in this tragic case. The beautiful young lady was trapped in a situation she may have helped to create but damn you're suppose to be able to see through a teen and make the best decisions. She was desperate and wanted to go home. The courts and DCF and her father dropped the ball for whatever ignorant, despicable, uneducated opinion and failure to do the beauty right. This will forever haunt many people because it haunts me how this injustice for Adrian happened. SHAME ON THEM!

Broken

Back to top Go down

Post  Remove Ryley Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:32 pm

It has been stated in this forum, advocacy groups are investigating Judge Ryley.
I, too, wish to speak with the groups regarding Ryley's abuse of power and unjust rulings.
Who has this information?
Please share the name of this advocacy group!
This man is not to be tolerated!!
He needs to be removed from the bench NOW !!!

Remove Ryley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next