Barnstable Family Court Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The DISHONORABLE ARTHUR RYLEY

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The DISHONORABLE ARTHUR RYLEY Empty The DISHONORABLE ARTHUR RYLEY

Post  Anon Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:16 pm

How does a man like this get appointed by our governor??? This judge terrorizes fathers and ex-husbands. I watched him order no visitation for a man who was pleading with him to lower his child support. The man had lost his executive level job, filed bankruptcy, was living in his parents basement at 40 something years old, brought letters from the Mass DOR showing that his paycheck was being garnished from his new job as a landscaper and proved that he could not afford his current support. He also presented the massachusetts child support worksheet that dictates what child support should be. The judge told him that he did not care if he lost his job. He did not care that he filed bankruptcy. He did not care that he was living in a basement.

In the end of the heaing, he ruled that since the Father had no stable home and income, he found that it was in the best interest of the children to end visitation with their Father. He then told the Father that now he should have plenty of time to secure a second or third job to pay the ordered child support that was more than his current wages. In other words, this man's income was less per week than his support payments.

Bravo Judge Ryley, Bravo. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Anon

Back to top Go down

The DISHONORABLE ARTHUR RYLEY Empty Re: The DISHONORABLE ARTHUR RYLEY

Post  Shrek Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:24 pm

Did the guy have an attorney?

Shrek

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:14 pm

Yes the guy had an attorney. She seemed to be very timid though. She didn't argue for her client. The guy did most of the talking as the judge kept addressing him directly.

Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest1 Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:39 pm

I've heard some pretty crazy stories about both judges in Barnstable. Bottom line, if you're a man, don't argue, fly straight and don't ever assume that the court system is equal. Before you even enter that court, the system is tilited toward a woman. Massachusetts does not practice shared parenting. In other words, the Mother will always automatically be awarded custody by default, unless she is unfit. Proving she is unfit is nearly impossible, however.

Judge Ryley is a democrat and Judge Scandurra is a republican, for what it's worth. They have very different views and beliefs that carry over in their interpretation of the laws. Have your attorney choose the case number wisely. The judges split cases by even and odd numbered cases. Men typically prefer Scandurra while Women prefer Ryley.

Guest1

Back to top Go down

The DISHONORABLE ARTHUR RYLEY Empty Scandurra-How does he sleep at night.

Post  Lead Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:02 pm

This man should not have "honorable" attached to his name. He is the extreme opposite. On a daily basis he ruins the lives of individuals, plus their loving family and friends. Yet, the Barnstable/Massachusetts Court System is corrupt and covers for, and compensates Scandurra for being unethical and criminal. Wonder how he "treated" his FORMER wife behind closed doors.

"The Cape Cod Times" is brave to expose just a grain of sand of the beach of corruption, shame and hurt this man, "Judge" Scandurra has inflicted on our community in the supposed name of "justice". I am happy to gather compounding evidence of this dishonerable Unjust Justice, Scandurra. Please response so we can build a stronger voice, especially for those in the future who we don't want to fall prey to this devil.

Lead

Back to top Go down

Post  Watcher Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:41 am

The Cape Cod Times article was very well written. The problem is that the Judges don't care. In another article on Scandurra, he is quoted as stating "once I have made my ruling, I don't give it a second thought". He doesn't lose sleep over the lives that he has ruined. I understand that Ryley is a much worse Judge because he is a cowboy. He thinks the rules don't apply to him.

Judiciary review is a joke. When will there be a real system put in place to give oversight of these judges? These men hold extraordinary power and have proven their ability to abuse that power.

Watcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon200 Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:09 am

I don't know how to post links but Nolan Media has a great article about Arthur Ryley. I am involved in the Courts...would rather not say more than that. Ryley would make many donations to political candidates, including Gov. Deval Patrick, Scotty Nickerson (Barnstable Clerk) and a few others connected to the Courts and Barnstable County. Ryley was not a very well liked or well respected attorney by other attorneys, just look to his BBO record. He once had an appeal for one of his clients who, if I remember correctly, was found guilty of drug charges. He handled the case so poorly that his client filed the complaint thinking no one could be that inept. I know of at least two attorney who also filed complaints with the BBO due to Ryley's erratic behavior. I also knew him from Cape Cod Academy, where he served and his children attended. He always had a reputation as a hot head and ball buster. He openly discusses cases and individuals in his Court with friends and family, including Judge Scandurra.

I read the other thread about Ryley, Turkington and Robbins. The poster had the big picture but didn't have many of the details. If an investigator ever went into the Barnstable Courts and looked at all the Judges, in detail, there would be a scandal that would make the Clerk-Magistrate Powers scandal look small.

Anon200

Back to top Go down

Post  Arty Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:28 pm

Finally, the judge is being judged. Not much good to say about the man.

Arty

Back to top Go down

Post  Wianno Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:09 pm

He is a jacka$$. Plain and simple. He isn't very well liked by his son's wife's family either. They are very wealthy CT/Osterville family who aren't thrilled that their daughter married the son of a liberal jacka$$ judge. They must love bringing him to the Wianno Club for family dinner!

Wianno

Back to top Go down

Post  CCLegalEagle Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:42 pm

This man's family should be off limits. C'mon, let's have some class.

CCLegalEagle

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:15 pm

Seriously?? The man destroys families. He destroys relationships between Fathers and their kids. Worst of all, he has no concience about it. I don't see anyone being "classless". Get off your high horse.

Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Thu May 02, 2013 6:34 pm

This douchbag is about to get a raise. This liberal state is about to put out a $800billion budget and felt it was a good idea to give a $30K raise to all the judges. WTF did this judge do to earn a $30K raise? Our state, from the Governor on down, are out of control. Less government=more for the people.

Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  esq Mon May 20, 2013 5:09 pm

This whole thread is pretty funny. Those who practice family law kiss his ass because he is so biased, they don't want to end up on the wrong side of his wrath. For those of you who have had the pleasure of being in his court, you know the wrath I speak of. He has historically had a very bad temper and has very strong political views. He is very involved with left-wing women's advocacy groups. Men- be aware of these things when your attorney files you case. The probate court assigns cases by the order they receive them. The odd number dockets going to Scandurra and evens numbers going to Ryley.

esq

Back to top Go down

Post  Esquire Mon May 27, 2013 9:39 pm

Does it really matter which judge you get? The both have their own pitfalls.

Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonanon Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:33 pm

Was this judge the same lawyer who practiced in Barnstable with Anthony Alva. I thought they were partners?

Anonanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Crusader Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:46 pm

I think Ryley shared an office with Alva. Ryley is a joke to many. Men need to make sure that their attorneys do anything possible to get their cases entered in Scandurra's court. He pretends to be a women's advocate because he secretly hates women. Ask his wife and daughter. Ryley has a well earned reputation. Stories of yelling at his wife and daughter in public, humiliating them both, are well known to those around town in Sandwich. Rumor was he was always pissed off at his daughter who was sucking the guys off in Osterville and Cape Cod Academy. I'm sure every man that walks into his courtroom reminds him of the never ending line of men who had relations with his daughter. He is a hero.

Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Public D Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:43 pm

You are all cowards hiding behind "anonymous". Is it bad that I get enjoyment that you people don't have custody of your children?

Public D

Back to top Go down

Post  Judge R Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:10 pm

Judge Ryley? Is that you posting? I bet you do get great enjoyment. Pervert.

Judge R

Back to top Go down

Post  Chemo Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:13 am

Last year, Judge Ryley ordered a woman who was undergoing chemo to remove her cover from her head (which was covering her bald head) in his court room. The woman was horrified and humiliated. He then went on to belittle her, asking her "when will you be finished with chemo because your ex-husband can't support your daughter alone and you need to get a job". The woman continued to be berated be the very cruel Judge. Finally, the woman left the court, crying hysterically, to everyone in the court room's bewilderment. There are a few more first hand accounts from people who witnessed this on a few other blogs and on facebook on "covers for chemo".

With all the stories coming out about this judge, how long will it be until the state's Commission on Judicial Conduct (CJC) starts to investigate this man's conduct? Perhaps he should consider stepping down?

Chemo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fox25 Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:02 am

Attention all people having first hand experiences or personal knowledge of the allegations on this website regarding Arthur Ryley and/or Robert Scandurra:

Please send a confidential email to Mike Beaudet at Fox25 Undercover at the email address below.

mike.beaudet at foxtv dot com

Fox25

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:14 am

Judge Terry was the worst child abuser of them all.

Father

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon300 Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:50 pm

The DISHONORABLE ARTHUR RYLEY 3174482852

Who's the biggest douche in this picture?

Anon300

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon300 Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:55 pm

The DISHONORABLE ARTHUR RYLEY 3174482852_1265f4f85e_z

Anon300

Back to top Go down

The DISHONORABLE ARTHUR RYLEY Empty Affair at work on our dime......NICE

Post  Dad Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:48 pm

I would say Judge Scandurra... What kind of Judge has an affair with a fellow Court employee on the court time and dime while he is married with children and then goes on the bench and decides divorce cases..... Did we pay him to do this at work! Nice way to spend our tax dollars... Now he gets to decide cases on cheaters..... We know what side he is on....   A man like this should not be sitting on the bench in a Family Court when he has had his own issues..... Can we say Judicial Review needed...... Wonder if he pays Alimony.....?

Dad

Back to top Go down

The DISHONORABLE ARTHUR RYLEY Empty Stop the corruption and abuse of power!!! Read Further...

Post  NotRight Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:09 pm

Many who read this forum firmly believe that the Barnstable Court judicial system is corrupt.
Numerous parents are afraid of retribution, and therefore, remain silent.
But Change CAN Happen.
And Change WILL Happen - PROVIDED YOU SHARE YOUR STORY.
It is especially important to take action NOW ! - Advocacy groups are listening
Contact KC Myers at the Cape Cod Times.
This abuse must be stopped !
Children and families are suffering.
You will remain anonymous - guaranteed !
Please do not turn away.
Collectively, we have the power to create change.

NotRight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next