Barnstable Family Court Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LET'S PROTEST

Go down

LET'S PROTEST Empty LET'S PROTEST

Post  Condor Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:40 pm

Given that every expert on the topic states that the less contentious a divorce, the better the outcome for everyone involved, especially children, yet the longer and more acrimonious the proceedings, the more the attorneys stand to profit, the current system of divorce in Massachusetts doesn't even make sense at the most basic level if the public good is of any real consideration whatsoever.

While I could state a laundry list of horrors that occurred during three and a half needless, financially and emotionally devastating years in and out of the Barnstable Probate & Family Court that destroyed what was left of a family of four while the attorneys involved were more concerned with protecting their relationships with the judge and one another than the interests of their clients, and growing richer all the while, it would be fruitless.

What I am hoping won't be a waste of time however is soliciting ideas for reform and raising the possibility of good, old fashioned (and legal) public protest.... So lets start a conversation about how we can change it and then organize to make our voices heard.  Anybody with me?

Last edited by Condor on Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammatical error)

Condor

Back to top Go down

LET'S PROTEST Empty To Condor

Post  change NOW! Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:39 am

I am with you - absolutely!
I have suggestions on how we can connect.
Please post again and I will share more.

change NOW!

Back to top Go down

LET'S PROTEST Empty Strength In Numbers

Post  Condor Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Great, that makes two.  Anyone else tired of their tax dollars going to a system that benefits no one but the attorneys?  Let's grow this into the 1000's.

Condor

Back to top Go down

LET'S PROTEST Empty Barnstable court is a corrupt racket

Post  Barnstable justice? Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:31 pm

I am Definitely in as well, Condor.
Please let me know what to do.

Barnstable justice?

Back to top Go down

LET'S PROTEST Empty Re: LET'S PROTEST

Post  enough damage Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:11 pm

I am also in, Condor.
In my case, the ruling by Judge Ryley has been damaging to my young child beyond comprehension!
Judge Ryley is abusing his power to an extreme. The men, women and children of Barnstable County are suffering tremendously because of this man.
We all must do our part to stop this shameful abuse.

enough damage

Back to top Go down

LET'S PROTEST Empty got plenty to tell

Post  Barnstable justice? Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:44 am

Ok, that is 4. Isn't that enough to start a grass roots protest? We need to discuss strategy and our rights. Perhaps a joint letter to Sara Peak, state rep? Can we set up a time/public place to meet?

My case might be considered one of the worst cases of injustices in Barnstable county. My story alone would bring him down. Plus I know another case that would greatly disgrace him if publicized.

Barnstable justice?

Back to top Go down

LET'S PROTEST Empty 4 AND COUNTING...

Post  Condor Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:38 pm

I agree, "Barnstable Justice?", we should discuss how to proceed.  

There would seem to be three general matters at end, those being what we would like to see changed, how to get others to join our ranks, and how to get real attention once we have done so to make ourselves heard.

(That said, if you or anyone else has a better idea as to how to go about all this I am more than happy to defer as I am solely in this to try and make sure that more lives are not ruined as a result of a system that is tragically broken)

Also, I would like to reiterate again that while I am NO fan of Judge Ryley's to put it mildly, the real enemy is the system that empowers and enables him and those like him.  Even if he were to be sanctioned or disbarred, the way the system is set up, another one just like him would soon take his place.  Let's not lose sight of the forest for the trees.

My attorney spoke to me off the record of Judge Ryley's prejudices, abuse and misconduct.  Did that stop my attorney from cashing my checks? No.  Did they complain about him to the Bar? No.  Because they had a financial incentive not to rock the boat.  Divorce is a billion dollar industry in the U.S.

First and foremost, when it comes child custody, the fate and welfare of the children involved should not be driven by profit.  One way to potentially change this is to fight for legislation that puts divorce lawyers in Massachusetts on a fixed, yearly salary.

I know for a fact that my ex-spouse's attorney found her to be unreasonable and given to frequent perjury yet it never deterred her from endlessly launching her next slanderous claim on her behalf… because every time she did so there was more money in it.  Had this attorney been on a fixed, yearly salary I highly doubt that half of the nonsense would have occurred.

Anyway, that's just one thought to get the ball rolling.  Please add your thoughts so we can grow and move this forward.

Condor

Back to top Go down

LET'S PROTEST Empty I'm in

Post  Barnstable justice? Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:36 pm

Smart ditection. You're absolutely right the lawyers do the same to us. All of the ones that we paid said the same thing. Ryley is inept, biased, and unnecessarily elongating an already explosively expensive divorce...yet won't encourage cjc action, etc.
I like your thinking. What next?

Barnstable justice?

Back to top Go down

LET'S PROTEST Empty meeting

Post  enough damage Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:48 pm

To "Condor" and "Barnstable Justice?"
...And the many others who have posted in this forum about the injustice in the Barnstable County Court System.
I personally know that if you contact KC Myers at the CC Times she will connect us.
We need to meet and talk.
I have ideas to explore with you.

enough damage

Back to top Go down

LET'S PROTEST Empty let's take action

Post  willing to protest Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:24 am

Let's not postpone.
This corruption must be exposed.

willing to protest

Back to top Go down

Post  Condor Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:32 pm

Sorry for the delayed response but wanted to give some thought as to the best way to go forth.  Here's what I'm thinking:

On the home page of the Barnstable County Bar Association it states, "We are committed to working to improve the legal profession, our state and local communities and the administration of justice."

Lets begin by drafting a letter addressed to each of their board of directors and officers that basically states that the current system, at least as far as  Barnstable County is concerned, runs contrary to that claim, is causing irreparable harm, and is tragically broken with a few illustrations of how.  And then have it signed by as many of us as we can muster and CC the Cape Cod Times and all of our local and state representatives.

In other words, put the ball in their court in public fashion to start with.  Perhaps one or more members of the Barnstable County Bar Association may respond with ways to reform the system, in which case we can hold them to helping us make it happen, or, if it is met with silence, that is an indictment that we can also use going forward.

I will take a stab at drafting that letter in the next few days, then post it here so that anyone interested can offer their ideas for revisions which I will then incorporate so that we are all in agreement as to the content.  That said, while I know we all have personal horror stories which will be of use at some point, we should keep it relatively brief and concise.

Once that letter is complete and agreed upon, I will post an email address where all those who want to can send me their names so that I can add them to the letter along with my own.

In any case, I think it is a way to get the ball rolling.

Last edited by Condor on Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing error)

Condor

Back to top Go down

LET'S PROTEST Empty very good approach, Condor

Post  willing to protest Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:03 pm

Also, I am working on communication with members of the ACLU.
I look forward to your continued good work and ideas!

willing to protest

Back to top Go down

LET'S PROTEST Empty seeker

Post  information Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:48 am

Please contact the Cape Cod Times if you plan a protest.

information

Back to top Go down

LET'S PROTEST Empty What if my case is ongoing?

Post  question Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:16 am

Can the names/examples added to this letter be shielded from the judge? I don't see how anyone of us can add a name in protest against this judge if it furthers damages ongoing cases...

question

Back to top Go down

LET'S PROTEST Empty Can we email you directly?

Post  to condor Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:56 pm

What is your email address, or an email address you could suggest to send you our story.

to condor

Back to top Go down

LET'S PROTEST Empty yes, let's connect

Post  also ready to share Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:50 pm

Yes! Let's find a way to connect.
Condor, an anonymous email here that you are comfortable with?
Or, KC Myers at the CC Times has offered to make connections for us.
Let's help create TRUE justice

also ready to share

Back to top Go down

LET'S PROTEST Empty It has to stop

Post  I'm in Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:54 pm

Barnstable justice you mention another case that you hurt him if it went public. Can you give us a little idea as to which case it is? I'm wondering if it's the little girl that took her life.

I'm in

Back to top Go down

LET'S PROTEST Empty I want to protest

Post  doemeg60 Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:44 pm

I want to protest Scandurra and tell the evil way he treated me and got away with it, siding with the wrongdoer.

doemeg60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum