Barnstable Family Court Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Family Services

3 posters

Go down

Family Services Empty Family Services

Post  FlowerGirl Thu May 10, 2012 11:16 am

I have been divorced for almost 4 years and every time I have to go back to court they first send us out to family services. I find it to be useless as my ex-husband will never agree to anything anyway. I often see the court room empty as we sit waiting for one of the family services people to call us in. By the time we get back in the court room we end up waiting another 3+ hours to be heard because everyone else is coming back from family services too. There has to be a better way. I spend my entire day there just for a 10 minute hearing.

FlowerGirl

Back to top Go down

Family Services Empty Re: Family Services

Post  Admin Thu May 10, 2012 12:41 pm

Flowergirl, I can certainly understand the frustration. I think that the function of the Family Service Office (FSO)is to try to help facilitate a resolution to your and your ex-husband's dispute. I have been told that the Judge's dockets are overbooked and the FSO is there to moderate and come to an agreement in writing, to minimize your time in Court and the Judge's time hearing a case. I agree that it does not always work. Many times, the FSO comes to no resolution and you are then sent back in for the Judge to hear your case. Spending your entire day in Court is not how you want to spend your time, I'm sure.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://capecoddivorcecourt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsAdvocate Fri May 11, 2012 12:00 pm

It all depends on what probation officer you get. There is one very good one. The rest are terrible. I agree that they make you get there at 8:30 and then you spend all day waiting.

DevilsAdvocate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down